Woodside GC offers a wide variety of opportunities for Junior Golfers; Private Lessons, Group Clinics, Leagues and Tournaments. These options are all designed to fit into our Woodside GC Junior Golf Development Program. Our goal is to impact the youth of Airdrie by providing quality instruction, equipment, advice and guidance that encourages their success on and off the golf course.
Woodside GC Junior Golf Development Program (Level 1, 2, 3)
Woodside’s program has been developed from Golf Canada’s Long Term Player Development Guide 2.0 (LTPD). It is a framework to create and develop practice a juniors skills, course management, tournament preparation, on course evaluation, rules and etiquette. Our programs goal is to develop junior golfers from the very beginning, all the way to competitive golf. Our PGA of Canada professionals are all passionate about junior golf and look forward to developing many of Airdries future golf stars.
Level 1 – New Golfers and Golfers Between the ages of (6 to 14)
Level 2 – Completed Level 1, or has had any organized instruction in the past.
Level 3 – Completed Level 2 and can display the ability to shoot between 45-60 on nine holes
JUNIOR GOLF CAMPS
Woodside is excited to announce a number of new Junior Golf Development options for the 2022 golf season. Woodside programs provide the opportunity for all youth to achieve their personal goals whether they are social, developmental or competitive. Our program strengthens character, youth will learn life skills that stay with them for ever.
Woodside’s program has been created in concert with Golf Canada’s Long Term Player Development Guide. This extensive program serves as the framework for our program. Our focus will be on creating practice sessions, skill development, course management, tournament preparation, on course evaluation, rules and etiquette.
LEVEL 1 – NEW TO GOLF OR KIDS THAT SHOOT 80 OR MORE ON 9 HOLES
- Fun themed intro into golf
- Learn the fundamental movement skills and build overall motor skills
- Link fundamental movements together with play
- Grip: [holding the club with two hands close together]
- Stance: [standing with their feet either side of the ball]
- Balance: [finishing in balance when swinging the club]
- Swing: [arms swing back up and then swing through a finish]
- Each class will have up to 3 groups of kids
- Each group will have 1 coach and at least 1 volunteer with up to 8 kids
Registration opens Wednesday, March 24th at 10:00am
Spring Registration Link: www.golfgenius.com/ggid/nhtamt/register
- 1A – Thursdays [4:00pm-5:00pm] Max 24 kids – 5 weeks beginning May 12 [ages 5 – 16]
- 1B – Thursdays [5:00pm-6:00pm] Max 24 kids – 5 weeks beginning May 12 [ages 5 – 16]
- 1C – Thursdays [6:00pm-7:00pm] Max 24 kids – 5 weeks beginning May 12 [ages 5 – 16]
- 1D – Thursdays [7:00pm-8:00pm] Max 24 kids – 5 weeks beginning May 12 [ages 5 – 16]
- 1E – Sundays [11:00am-12:00pm] Max 18 kids – 5 weeks beginning May 15 [ages 5 – 16]
- 1F – Sundays [12:00pm – 1:00pm] Max 18 kids – 5 weeks beginning May 15 [ages 5 – 16]
- 1G – Sundays [ 1:00pm – 2:00pm] Max 18 kids – 5 weeks beginning May 15 [ages 5 – 16]
- LEVEL 2 – SOME PREVIOUS INSTRUCTION – CAN SHOOT BETWEEN 60 and 80 on 9 Holes
Level 2 camps will be focused on continuing to develop the skills of the younger golfer. One of the most important periods in motor skill development for children is between the ages of 9 and 12. At this stage, children are developmentally ready to acquire the general sports skills that are the cornerstones of all athletic development.
- Developing all fundamental movement skills and teaching general sports skills
- Further development endurance through games and relays
- Developing flexibility through exercises
- Structuring competition to address differences in training age and abilities
- Encouraging unstructured play
- Grip: [effective and functioning grip]
- Stance: [routine or procedure for each shot]
- Alignment: [aiming the club face and aligning the body]
- Scoring: [how to keep each other’s score]
- Etiquette: [where to stand, when to be quite, bunkers, hazards, pitch marks, etc…]
- Chipping/Pitching/Putting: [angle of club at impact, loft, roll vs carry.
Each class will have 1 coach and 1 volunteer with up to 8 kids
Registration opens Thursday, March 24th at 10:00am
Spring Registration Link: www.golfgenius.com/ggid/gghgzu/register
- 2H – Thursdays [4:00pm] Max 16 kids – 4 weeks beginning July 7 [ages 8 to 16]
- 2I – Thursdays [5:30pm] Max 16 kids – 4 weeks beginning July 7 [ages 8 to 16]
LEVEL 3 – MOVING TOWARDS COMPETITION – CAN SHOOT BETWEEN 45 and 60 on 9 Holes
During Level 3 Camps, Juniors will begin to play competitive golf and learn to train for competition. This is one of the most important stages of athletic reparation because this is when sport specific skill development really begins. Students will be given drills to conduct and practice while instructors will fine tune the fundamentals. They will be given opportunities to start competing at local or regional golf events. In terms of skill acquisition and development of physical abilities, the emphasis should be placed on general physical conditioning and health, which includes seven key physiological proficiencies: balance, flexibility, posture, core strength and stability, strength and power, cardiovascular endurance and performance skills.
- Building proficiency: balance, flexibility, posture, core strength and stability, strength and power and performance skills
- Optimize overall golf-specific skill set.
- Optimize preparation and practice sessions
- Developed information processing skills and game management
- Putting: [setup and stroke, aiming, reading greens, path and pace]
- Posture and Setup: [ball position, body alignment, shot shaping, trajectory control, shaft lean]
- Pivot and Plane: [body mechanics, club path, club head delivery, club head speed]
- Strategy: [shoot selection, distance control, club selection, target selection]
Each class will have 1 coach and 1 volunteer with up to 6 kids,
Each Instructional Class will include 3 hours of instruction [10:00am – 12:00 pm, Lunch Break, Golf at 1 pm]
- Cost: Members $249 | Non-Members $329
- Registration opens Thursday, March 24th at 10:00am
- Registration Link: www.golfgenius.com/ggid/vhwdgk/register
- 3J – Mondays [10:00am] Max 12 kids – 4 weeks beginning July 4 [ages 8 – 18]
Welcome to Woodside's #NEVERLAYUP entertainment experience. All you have to do is complete the form below and you'll soon get advanced notice of news, events, promotions, and adventures! Thank you for joining us!